• The LiquidNano technology enables a user to deposit a Nano scale layer of molecular, particle free glass, onto any glass surface.
• The molecules of glass (Silicon Dioxide/SiO²) come from pure quartz sand.
• Like ordinary glass the coating is chemically inert, it is completely safe to apply and Eco friendly.
• It is resistant to alkalis and solvents, it’s flexible, breathable, highly durable, heat tolerant, anti-microbial and offers non-stick and “easy clean” characteristics.
How it works on smartphone glass.
• When viewed under a microscope, smartphone glass is not smooth. It is full of valleys and ridges which can become points of weakness when exposed to external stress through blunt impact or a drop.
• Mobile glass is also susceptible to abrasion and scratching.
• When LiquidNano is applied to a smartphone, the LiquidNano glass particles in the coating bond to the glass filling in these valleys and ridges at the Nano level.
• This liquid glass layer causes a smoothing out effect on the glass which significantly reduces the points of weakness. As a result, the smoothness and hardness of the coated glass increases with a corresponding increase in durability and resistance to scratching.
Silicon Dioxide & Liquid Glass
Silicon Dioxide or Si02 which is the basis of Liquid Glass come from pure quartz sand, of which there are vast reserves, as silicon dioxide is one of the most abundant compounds on the planet.
It turns out that Silica Dioxide is actually very useful stuff. It has been around in various forms for industrial use for over 30 years and is used as a flow agent in lots of everyday products. If you have ever used tooth paste or drank a beer then the chances are you have consumed Silica Dioxide.
Silica Dioxide or Si02 comes in many forms and one of those forms is something called Liquid Glass. Si02 is essentially microscopic particles of glass and Liquid Glass are those particles suspended in a liquid solution.
There are many types of Liquid Glass, each designed for a specific type of application. For LiquidNano to achieve a protective coating suitable for mobile device screens, it had to develop its own, a unique form of Liquid Glass screen protector that works at the Nano scale.
LiquidNano Liquid Glass & Nanotechnology
Nanotechnology refers to the measurement of matter and the creation particles at the Nano scale. A Nano particle is approximately 10-9 of a meter. It’s hard to imagine just how small that is but in simple terms one nanometer is a billionth of a meter, so;
• There are 25,400,000 nanometers in an inch
• A sheet of newspaper is about 100,000 nanometers thick
• On a comparative scale, if a marble were a nanometer, then one meter would be the size of the Earth
What’s most important about this is that when matter such as gases, liquids, and solids are at the Nano scale they can exhibit unusual physical, chemical, and biological properties. These differ in important ways from the properties of bulk materials, and single atoms or molecules.
Some nanostructured materials are stronger, or have different magnetic properties when compared to other forms or sizes of the same material. Others are better at conducting heat or electricity. They can also become more chemically reactive, reflect light better, or change color, as their size or structure is altered.
In the last decade, considerable efforts have been made to develop ultra-high-performance Nano coatings. One such Nano coating is LiquidNano’s Liquid Glass. With LiquidNano Liquid Glass, a Nano-scale layer of molecular, particle free glass (500 times thinner than a human hair) is deposited onto the surface of the substrate.
LiquidNano Liquid Glass is a truly remarkable, nanotechnology, designed to protect mobile device screen, with an ultra-thin super durable coating of invisible, easy to clean glass. Just like domestic glass LiquidNano is chemically inert and highly resistant to commonly used cleaning chemicals. The coatings also offer resistance to alkalis, acids and solvents; and despite some similarities to standard glass, the LiquidNano Liquid Glass coating offers stunningly different properties.
The layer is flexible, breathable, highly durable, heat tolerant, anti-microbial and offers non-stick and “easy clean” characteristics. In addition, the application of LiquidNano’s Liquid Glass on to any mobile glass screen is amazingly straightforward.